Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Microwave Mug Brownies

Today I have a very strong craving for food, any food, from pizza to chocolate cake. Unfortunately, have neither ready at home, or anywhere near. Now, I know there are many microwave chocolate cake recipes out there but they never satisfy me.
I wanted one that's super easy (I'm an amateur), without egg (I'm not quite sure on cooking eggs in microwave), very chocolatey and not spongey. I had a tough time looking for that until I found this recipe and now I just had to keep it :)

Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder (Note: don't use cocoa mix or quik, it shouldn't have any sugar)
2 Tablepsoons Vegetable Oil (Don't use one with a strong flavor, eg olive, sesame, etc)
2 Tablespoons Water
Dash of salt
Mug
Microwave

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Once well mixed, add the oil and water and mix thoroughly until there's no more clumps of the dry ingredients. The mixture will come together and not runny. Microwave for about 1 minute (depending on your microwave). The cooked brownie will be somewhat wet and gooey but it's set (and without egg :p). hmm.. super yummy. Do give it a try and comment.
 
Note: you can adjust the amount of sugar and chocolate as you wish, you can also add chocolate chips or stir in peanut butter (or any jam) as you wish. Have fun cooking :)
 
Loves,
Mochiposh

No comments:

Post a Comment